Saturday, December 15, 2012

Transylvania - Finished

Got this finished up today, despite becoming suddenly sick. Even got it cut and framed and all. You know what I love most about q-snap frames and buying rolls of Aida? Not having to fucking iron my embroidery (I still do sometimes, of course, but mostly not).

That's definitely my last Christmas embroidery. There was one more thing I was going to work on, and maybe I still will but I'll frame it after Christmas. I just don't want to go up to Michaels any time between now and Christmas, even on a weekday morning. 

I just finished a wonderful novel, Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie. Highly recommend both it and this talk she did on "the danger of a single story," (which is why I went and found her books in the first place).

Now I have to struggle to at least read 50 pages of this terrible book I got through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. It's partially that the subject matter isn't quite what I expected, but mostly the writing is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment