Sunday, April 14, 2013

endless boredom

I went in for what I thought was a tiny mole removal. One to two stitches they said. 

Now I have six stitches over an incision a bit over an inch long and I can barely use my right arm. Also the student doctor, right before she started the stitching, said "I'm so nervous!"  UGH.

No idea when I'll be stitching again. Anything like this tends to react with my nerve pain disease like crazy, and I heal slowly. The pain when I type more than a couple sentences is ungodly, so it seems like a poor lookout for stitching.

Hoping I'll be good for mouse-work soon and can work on some pattern designs at least. The boredom is making me ridiculously crazy but the extreme stabbing pain (even three days after the incident) makes it rough to concentrate. 

I will spare you the disgusting picture of my stitches which I've subjected everyone else to.

5 comments:

  1. *reaches through the internet and smacks the doctor* Don't they teach them how to interact with patients?

    Poor you. That sounds painful. :( I hear you on the stitching withdrawal: if I can't stitch due to my arthritis acting up I just about go nuts.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    P.S. Don't reply if it hurts to type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really was awful. When that kind of fierce, stabbing pain lasts for hours and days it drives me up the wall.

      Last night I discovered the wound was full of pus, which turned out to be a good thing. Today I drained it five or six times and the stabbing pain is all gone!

      Still hurts, still can't stitch or do much of anything, but I'm MUCH happier!

      Delete
    2. Eek! No wonder you were in so much pain! Glad you're feeling a bit better.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear!

    I'm glad the mole, the pus and the pain are gone--but gah, just going through it.

    Here's to a speedy recovery, now it's clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I have a bad feeling that the pain won't decrease enough for stitching until the stitches are out, due to have my nerve pain disease reacts to that kind of stuff, but we'll see. Just having the stabbing pain gone is a big relief anyway.

      Delete