Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blackwork Quilt


I could have sworn I'd posted update pictures of this piece already! Apparently my brain has gone hooey.

Soo, this is the piece. There have been some issues. Didn't have enough of the one hand-dyed thread for the squares, went to get more, but I'd written down the wrong number. Realized that the sun had faded the other pieces anything, so waiting to use more of that would still leave problems. 

So I used one green-blue kind and one yellow-green kind, then decided to do have the piece is more greenish colors and half in more yellowish colors. It's not really noticeable enough though. I now have many things I wish I'd done with the the corner pieces, but oh well.

I'm doing the remaining white parts in dark purple (154) half stitches. I don't dislike the piece, but I can't help thinking about what I *would* have done if I'd sat and given myself time to think about the choices. I wish I could make myself go through all the options ahead of time, but I don't seem to have the knack. I'm slower with my color choices now, at least, but that's as far as I've come.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm getting the background in, and somewhat regretting the purple I chose for the corner pieces, but otherwise it's making the center pop in a lovely way.

      Delete
  2. WOW. This piece, it is gorgeous! Such small detail, I can not imagine how many hours went into this one. Great, great work, lady!

    p.s. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to stitch again, you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! For me blackwork is nice and lovely and meditative, so the time flies.

      Delete