Tuesday, September 16, 2014

boo!

I know objectively it's fine, but that girl isn't me.


Me? Again? So soon? Why yes.

I think maybe I need to be okay with posting even when I don't have an update on a piece of embroidery. I am working on something now, but it's a maybe-gift, so you know how it is. 

The wedding I was in went well, and I'm really glad I got to go and most glad I got to just hang out with the bride and get to know her a bit. The whole thing was beyond exhausting though, and I almost cried because my mom forgot that I can't eat American cheese and got a lunch where everything had it (can't as in it makes me gag severely and feel sick). I had a full face of makeup though, which kept me from losing it (though also made me feel like a clown since I almost never wear ANY make up).

On Thursday morning I leave again, which I was feeling better about pain-wise until a minute ago when I severely banged my foot on something and now it's bleeding and throbbing and sending shooting pains through my feet. I find it frustrating that I run into things so much, like zero personal spatial awareness, even though on tests spatial awareness in problem solving and such is my strongest point!
The wedding was in a rose garden.

Soon I'll be working on a cute wedding embroidery for the couple. Them as little chibi-figures in their wedding outfits, plus the date and all that. I'm excited about that, because it will be just too cute.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the pain, but I do need to comment that it may not feel like you, but it most certainly is you as well, and you look very pretty indeed.

    I'll be waiting patiently for whenever you feel you can share the gift you are making--I love looking at what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It all just felt too doll-like (and I haaated the hair, which the dude was supposed to marcelle wave but straightened it for reasons I still don't understand).

      I came home and cut my hair and felt soo much better.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same with make-up. When I look at the mirror it's, like looking at someone else lol. But I still get very excited when I get it done :)

    I love your hair cut by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like myself in a bob, though my hair is naturally wavy, which I like far more than the straightened version there if I don't have bangs (that's after I restyled it from the very "this is a daring cut for the 1980s traditional housewife" way it had been done).

      Delete
  3. I think the whole thing is beyond beautiful. It's fun to step out of ourselves occasionally, but nice to get back, too. (i envy your skin, mine is awful)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like stepping outside myself with makeup and hair styling, but having other people do it and not making the styling decisions myself just felt very very different. I've never not had control of that stuff before, I've always been the one doing it.

      Ha, that picture is overly kind to my skin (and the face is covered in foundation, of course). I have keratosis pilaris, so I've already got little red bumps all over my arms and legs at all times.

      Delete