Wednesday, September 21, 2011

moths and daleks

Well there's news all around. I finished my moth piece. Again, it comes from Leslie Wilkins' Traditional Blackwork Samplers, though I've removed a lot of the little elements which I felt took away from the lovely moth. I'm fairly pleased with it. Not thoroughly pleased but I'll give it to someone so I don't have to look at it any more.

Also, someone will be stitching my Dalek pattern on stage in a play they're in! It's the play The Great Fire, being performed in Chicago at the Lookingglass Theater (which just won an award for Best Regional Theater). So hundreds of people will be witnessing my pattern being stitched whether they know it or not. Too bad you can't send business cards with a .jpg file! It's a nice warm feeling though.

I have been so lazy with the crafts though. I resolve to start work on a new funny pattern tomorrow though. Perhaps a Tom Lehrer quote.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Meredith! It's me, the actress in the show. I will see if any press photos came out of me doing the needlework, and if so, I'll send you one. I will probably make a few of these over the next 2 1/2 months! 8 shows a week. That's a lot of Daleks... in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any photos of you working on it come up that would certainly be wonderful!

    A rainbow parade of Daleks, what could be more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Tom Lehrer quote are you thinking about? "We'll all go together when we go."? "Poisoning pigeons in the park."?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going with a line from Poisoning Pigeons in the Park: "It's not against any religion to want to dispose of a pigeon."

    It was the first Lehrer song I heard and I really dislike most birds, so it seemed appropriate.

    ReplyDelete