Saturday, November 26, 2011

Five Little Peppers...

Spent most of today asleep recovering from all the standing and cooking of Thanksgiving. Part of the way my body recovers when I'm ultra-sore is by passing out for most of a day even after a full night's sleep. I went to bed at midnight, woke up at 8:30, spent half an hour with my dad, and then fell back asleep until 3:30. I woke up every couple hours but fell asleep again almost immediately each time.

During the afternoon I worked on a pattern of the cover of the book Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney. It's an old children's book, originally published in 1881. The edition I have is an especially sweet one published in 1909. As soon as I saw the cover I knew I wanted to make a cross-stitch pattern of it.

I need to pick a new project to work on, but I'm too exhausted to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment