Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Assumptions

This new project is a quote from Priscilla Queen of the Desert. It may be a phrase more widely used but I've never heard it except in that movie (one of the best movies ever!). 

I stayed up really late to finish the text so it would be ready to show this morning. This in turn, presumably, caused me to dream about doing the loveliest flowery border in wonderful peachy and sea foam colors. I might try to recreate it but not for this piece.

For the border on this I have a pretty good idea which will be quite simple and easy but hopefully give a nice effect.

So far I have raised $6 in my It Gets Better pattern fundraiser. Even if I can only raise enough to buy one of the books that's more than I'd be able to do on my own so it's all good. If you don't buy patterns (I certainly don't) you can donate through the It Gets Better website or make a purchase of the book which they'll then give to a school library (you can even ask that it go to a specific school library).

2 comments:

  1. I love this haha, my boyfriend says that to me all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally blogged about this in http://nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/
    for Pride Week in Austin, Texas. I'm a crafter too! I think you would really like my blog...stop by. I'm following you know.

    Cheers,

    Taylor Hart

    Nothing but a Pigeon

    ReplyDelete