Sunday, March 25, 2012

Je Suis une Fille Formidable - finished

This large project is finally finished, though I've now revised the pattern to be more visually pleasing (switching the order of the designs below the the main border).

In fact it's SO finished that the pattern is now for sale in my Etsy shop.

Now I think I'll finally have to start the large G from my book Celtic Cross-Stitch. I did a B for my nephew Benjamin (finished about a year ago), and the G is for my niece Geneva.

The book The Bounty: The True Story of the Mutiny on the Bounty by Caroline Alexander, has helped me focus on finishing this piece.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love how the color choices make the writing seem to "glow".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does a glow a bit in person, but seems more so in the photo (I hate trying to photograph pieces on black Aida!).

      Delete