Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Books are Humanity in Print

So I've been gone for a while!

I went out of town twice in September and just got back from a trip to DC. We went to the Taste of DC, which was great, and I regret not making a bigger pig of myself (if only to soak up all the alcohol!).

All the traveling has a detrimental effect on my stitching, of course, but I'm almost done with a new pattern.

The quote is by Barbara Tuchman, who is easily my favorite non-fiction writer. I'm especially partial to her book The Guns of August, which is about the first month of World War I. If you want to really understand WWI, you need to read that book. 

Anyway, I like the way my books turned out and the dark gold text makes for a nice contrast.

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Another pattern of yours I will need to buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm really happy with it (if slightly annoyed that I missed out two tiny outline stitches on the vertical borders, that's par for the course though).

      Delete