Monday, November 26, 2012

DMC Spiral - Finished!


Finished this yesterday and I AM happy it's done. All the DMC colors (barring the eight or so that are listed as complete duplicates by DMC) stitched in numerical order starting from the center. After the first color there are six stitches of each color done with two strands of floss on 18 ct. Aida.

Now that my numerical order projects are done I'm going to put my floss back in the order I like. I still keep the colors separated out, but I had each color in numerical order so I could find things. Now I can obsessively put it in shade order. Oh joy.

No idea what I'll stitch next. I might not work on store patterns until after Christmas, as I really should get some more work done in my wisteria project. I've finished enough of it that I would hate myself if I didn't complete the thing.

4 comments:

  1. How cool! Did you do the same number of stitches for each color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, other than the very first color in the center (which has eight stitches), all the other colors have six.

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog via CraftGossip and am now a follower. I love how this looks!

    Was there a specific reason for the six stitches per color? (i.e., so that the completed spiral would end in a corner?) or was it just random?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Well, six stitches is the fewest number you can use (in order to keep the woven in starts and ends neat and strong). I also wanted to keep the size similar to my other "use all the colors" piece.

      I think that six stitches was a good choice for showing the close gradients though.

      Delete