Monday, June 25, 2012

Crafty Mother Fucker

Well, I finished this gorgeous pattern, which of course I can't photograph well since it's on black Aida. This is the best I could do, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with it. If I were being really picky I'd redo Crafty in a different color, but I don't mind too much. The pattern is now for sale in my shop, and soon there will be a second picture with a very different color scheme.

My new project is a blackwork pattern I designed. It's all blackwork, but the design is a traditional quilt motif. It's hard to explain, but really awesome. This time I need to be extra careful about color choices though. There will be some variegated thread, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. A blackwork quilt motif? That should be interesting. I've done cross stitch quilt motifs, but I'm having trouble picturing one in blackwork. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have a WIP picture up pretty soon. The outline is done, I just haven't been able to get to the embroidery shop to find the right thread (I'm actually trying to take my time for one).

    ReplyDelete