Friday, July 6, 2012

DMC Color Project - 8/21 rows


Since I'm plenty sick of the blackwork quilt project, I thought you might be as well!

I've stitched three more rows on the color project, and that bottommost one is so gorgeous. Now that I play favorites between rows or runs of color...

If you don't know, I read quite a lot, a few books per week this year. So I want to recommend one of my recent reads: Bright-Sided: How Positive Thinking is Undermining America by Barbara Ehrenreich.

Don't worry, she's not talking about individual positive thinking. She's also not talking about finding joy in small things, which I'm quite good at (and without that talent I'm not sure I could cope). It's extremely worth reading and I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so simple but so beautiful. How do you decide on which colours to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm just stitching them in numbered ordered. I have to leave out 13 in order to get a perfect square, and I'm just picking those out as I go along, leaving out colours which are SO close to a neighbouring colour as to be indistinguishable once stitched.

      When I'm finished I'll definitely post the colours I did leave out, so it's easier if someone else wants to make a similar project. I have a few ideas for similar projects using different shapes or designs now too.

      Delete