Tuesday, July 17, 2012

West is Best - WIP 01

Today has been hot and busy, so I've not got much done on West Virginia is the Best Virginia (compared to what I had done last night, that is).

It feels like a pretty big project, because it's large in size, but the outline should go really quickly. Of course, I was slightly terrified of making of a mistake in that area, but then realized that no one will ever notice! Those are the benefits of having an oddly shaped state.

Now I'm thinking that I'll have to do a West Virginia county map for the kids. In many states children aren't made to learn even the counties in their area, but we do it twice in West Virginia as we have West Virginia History courses in 4th and 8th grades. In my school they managed to make these as boring as possible and didn't cover any of the amazing or interesting things about our state (and the book seemed to be have been paid for by the coal industry, which colored things in a certain way).

I made the mistake of going outside today, and even after a cold shower my skin is still burning. Tomorrow morning my Benjamin will be over though and he'll cheer me right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment