Friday, July 20, 2012

West Virginia is the Best Virginia

I am pleased and proud to give you my West Virginia is the Best Virginia pattern, now for sale in my Etsy shop!

The state outline stitches up SO quickly. I do really like it, especially the detail of the outline, since I love how wibbly-wobbly West Virginia is.

It's also a completely factual statement, though I'd gladly add most of the Shenandoah Valley to West Virginia. Perhaps my Virginia ancestors would be disappointed, but they just didn't have to sense to move (after the cannibalism of the first Jamestown settlement, it probably took a while for sense to overtake their zombie predalictions).

There's a reason they focus on the bloody Mayflower pilgrims in school, but I feel like my ancestor, who had the tenacity to come over with the first group of Jamestown settlers, is getting shafted. History needs to cover the awful things we've done just as much as the good things (not that the pilgrims did a lot of good things though, they were just slightly less gruesome, and their horribleness and idiocy needs to be covered and not brushed over).

No comments:

Post a Comment